Full Time Remote – Must be legally eligible to work in Canada or the U.S.
Commit is the first professional network founded by software developers that puts the career needs of Startup Engineers first. It’s a collaborative, remote community with life-long peer-to-peer support, personalized career development, and unique access to startup opportunities.
Commit has figured out a model that works, and our founders have led growth to date — now we need your help to take us to the next level.
Why we need you
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and lead the brand and communications for our company. We recently raised $6M in seed funding and will use it to fuel massive growth. This role will initially report into the VP of Marketing until she goes on parental leave in August, and then into the VP of Growth.
We will need your help on the following:
- Website content and performance
- Publishing calendar across all channels
- Content and Executive Thought Leadership
- Develop a positive and thriving remote-work culture for the marketing team
- Embrace diversity and foster inclusion
- Mentor and coach to support growth of team members
- 3rd party vendors: PR agency, consultants and contractors
- Drive marketing qualified leads
- Channel health and growth
- Launch success
- Share of voice/positive media mentions
- Organic traffic through search & social
Who you are
- You’re a teacher with a learner’s mindset. You thrive on developing and working through others, and you’re constantly curious to learn more about being a better leader and a marketer.
- You’re highly strategic. You can manage the priorities today, while keeping an eye on what’s coming.
- You are creative. You know how to think outside of the box, and you’re ready to help build a community unlike any other! You also aren’t afraid of trying new things! Putting the pedal to the metal when it works, and iterating on it when it does not.
- You’re an all-rounder. You are willing and able to help with all aspects of the Marketing pipeline at Commit. Sometimes we will also need all hands on deck to solve problems unrelated to Growth, and you’ll be ready!
- You are excited about working remotely & asynchronously. You’re pumped about the flexibility to work from wherever is best for you right now (as long as you can work within North American time zones) and in playing a vital role at Commit in defining the future of work.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. In our shortlist (our top 5 candidates), we are committed to having a minimum of 3 candidates who self-identify as female and/or 3 candidates who are part of underrepresented minority groups.