Full Time Remote – Must be legally eligible to work in Canada or the U.S.
Commit is the first professional network founded by software developers that puts the career needs of Startup Engineers first. It’s not a job board, it’s a collaborative, remote community with life-long peer-to-peer support, personalized career development, and unique access to startup opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Support Team, which is made up of the people responsible for running our business and supporting customers – our Engineering Partners (EPs). Everything we do is guided by our key operating principle: Do what’s best for our Engineers.
If you consider yourself a self-starter, are willing to work on both a strategic (high-level) and tactical (day-to-day) level and have the organizational skills required to coordinate cross-functionally, please continue reading…
Why we need you
Commit has figured out a model that works and now we need to expand our Finance & Operations Team in order to support the growth stage ahead. With your background in Accounting/Finance, you will play an instrumental role in setting up the systems within Commit’s Finance function.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Finance & Operations, you will be responsible for:
- Month end financial coordination: You will be responsible for keeping our records up to date in Quickbooks with support from a local CPA firm.
- Data collection: You will work cross functionally to coordinate the collection of data from various functions throughout the organization for the purpose of reporting.
The ideal start date for this role is as soon as possible, though able to accommodate for the right candidate.
What you can do
- You know your way around the (accounting) books.
- You have recently completed a degree in accounting or business administration, perhaps pursuing your CPA designation or other professional certification.
- You are comfortable in your understanding & application of Canadian accounting and bookkeeping principles & practices.
- Experience with Quickbooks is an asset.
- You like to figure things out and really understand what’s happening.
- You can pull relevant numbers into easily digestible financial reports. You know how to filter out the details that don’t add value.
- You have an eye for the details.
- You are careful, detail-oriented, and understand how data flows to the reporting of our KPIs and day to day decision making.
- Mistakes are rare, but you’ve had to clean up your own messes before and can do it effectively & with humility.
Who you are
- You’re more than just a numbers person; you’re an all-around athlete. You are willing and able to help with the operations of Commit from people operations (i.e., HR admin) to the execution of growth initiatives (when needed).
- You genuinely like to connect, communicate, and collaborate with almost anyone. Whether it’s helping an EP to better understand payroll deductions, gently reminding clients about invoices due soon, or explaining what Commit is to a government regulator, you do it with clarity & kindness.
- You like learning. Like, a lot. You like diving into new topics and are comfortable in uncertain, fast-moving situations. You may not be familiar with all of the software that we use internally, but you know that you can figure them out.
- You are excited about working remotely & asynchronously. You’re pumped about the flexibility to work from wherever is best for you right now (as long as you can still work within North American time zones) and in playing a vital role at Commit in defining the future of work.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. In our shortlist (our top 5 candidates), we are committed to having a minimum of 3 candidates who self-identify as female and/or 3 candidates who are part of underrepresented minority groups.