Full Time Remote – Must be legally eligible to work in Canada or the U.S.
Commit is the first professional network founded by software developers that puts the career needs of Startup Engineers first. It’s not a job board, it’s a collaborative, remote community with life-long peer-to-peer support, personalized career development, and unique access to startup opportunities.
We are looking for someone to join our Engineer Partner Experience (EPX) team reporting directly to our Director of Customer Success. This team is on a mission to build the best-in-class experience for our customers – the Engineers. Their happiness is our team’s responsibility. We want the Engineers who join Commit today to say that it was the best decision they made for their career because we helped them feel part of a community, become better at their craft, and find an influential role at a startup.
Why we need you
As Commit’s Customer Success Coordinator, you will be the primary point of contact for our Engineers concerning matters of EPX.
We need you to develop and support internal processes that will be the basis of Commit’s continued, scalable growth. You will resolve organizational challenges by developing and executing strategic people-related solutions that help us hire, onboard, develop, motivate, and support our Engineers throughout their career journey. You will play a key role in rolling out critical programs that support our Engineers, including coaching, matching, and other engagement initiatives.
The ideal start date for this role is as soon as possible, though able to accommodate for the right candidate.
What you can do
- You can identify people’s needs and challenges and then develop and implement programs and systems to address them.
- You can carry an idea from ideation to execution and then scale with help from the team. These steps include the design, implementation, retrospection, and iteration of critical programs within EPX.
- You have excellent listening skills, a bias for action, and a knack for articulation. You can effortlessly communicate the value of initiatives, their progress, and their impact on Engineers.
- You can provide support and guidance throughout the Engineer experience
- You are comfortable being the first point of contact for all kinds of questions and can constructively offer resources and suggestions. You can be calm and empathetic while helping Engineers navigate sensitive situations.
- You can perform periodic health checks and be an advocate for the Engineers
- You find scalable ways to gauge our Engineers’ satisfaction, evaluate and investigate trends, and take action accordingly.
Who you are
- You are passionate about people. You may have a background in customer success, account management, people operations, or any other field, but it does not fit quite right, and it may be time for a change. You know that you are passionate about people, and helping other people succeed is exciting for you.
- You’re an all-rounder. You are willing and able to help with all aspects of EPX at Commit.
- You genuinely like to connect, communicate, and collaborate with almost anyone. Whether it’s answering questions about our programs, pointing an EP to the correct internal resource, or reminding EPs to complete the NPS survey, you do it with clarity & care.
- You like learning. You want to dive into new topics and are comfortable in uncertain, fast-moving situations. You may not be familiar with all of the software that we use internally, but you know that you can figure them out.
- You are reliable and pay attention to details, but you also know you’re not perfect, and that’s okay. Every mistake is an opportunity to learn, but you’ve had to clean up your messes before and can do it effectively, with humility and good humour.
You are excited about working remotely & asynchronously. You’re pumped about the flexibility to work from wherever is best for you right now (as long as you can still work within North American time zones) and in playing a vital role at Commit in defining the future of work.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. In our shortlist (our top 5 candidates), we are committed to having a minimum of three candidates who self-identify as female or three candidates who are part of underrepresented minority groups.